Tuesday, October 3, 2017

No Great Loss to Green Bay

I no longer read the local paper daily because the errors and inconsistencies irritate me, but I do buy one at least once a week when I want to read something behind the paper's paywall.

Equally irritating in Tuesday's paper were a letter and a Sound Off from people pledging to abandon their support of the Green Bay Packers. (No great loss to the team, I suspect.)

Both former fans profess to be from military families. They don't like arm linking and they don't like knee taking. They want players to salute the flag.

No matter where you stand in this controversy, swearing off the team seems silly and dramatic.

I'm not much of a professional football fan myself, but abandoning support for the local team just seems like an overreaction. Most of us disagree with loved ones from time to time but it rarely leads to estrangement in normal, healthy people.

Clearly there are more important things to focus on, like mass shootings, natural disasters, racial/gender equality and possible collusion with foreign enemies.

Get a grip, former Packers fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite. Rants will be removed by the blog owner.

Kudos to the Anti-Mine Activists!

It was encouraging that three Menominee city officials wanted to stop the city from accepting donations from Aquila Resources, the Canadian ...